View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #10
glredmanii

Re: 1969 C19 CST with Camper Restorations - Value

I'm not wanting to sell it at this point. I've never restored a vehicle and just don't want to mess this one up. The older gentleman that sold it to me told me it was rare. I don't know if it is or isn't. Except it has 3 gas tanks and It's the first I've seen like it.

If I were to keep it and drive it, I prefer a new, really good paint job over the vintage look. If I keep it the original color, and original paint, does this devalue the truck?

And, the trim was all straight. I kept it. But it was dull and faded. I ordered new trim to add after it's painted. Will this hurt the value?

The carpet inside was "ok" but nothing like new. I ordered new carpet and threw away the old stuff. Except the carpet behind the seat.

The chrome door handles are in good shape, but they have a "bubbled look" in areas. I've ordered new handles, ... same questions...value?

I guess I'm not sure what is meant by "restoring" the truck. My bronco is being completely restored (but it wasn't even close to being as nice when I started). Every bolt, nut, piece of metal restored.

With the pick up, if I keep it "original" color, same trim but new, etc. Does this mean restored? Is it a bad idea?

Engine. The engine runs well. I drove it from Dallas to N. Texas (75 miles each way) twice and it ran like a champ. However, the engine has wear on it like any 48 year old vehicle. Is it a bad idea to paint it? Clean it? Add new gaskets?

Again, this is my first "older" vehicle to start with that is really nice. I don't want to take away from the original aspect, but I also like vehicles that look perfect.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
glredmanii is offline   Reply With Quote