View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #168
LT7A

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_67C10 View Post
Interesting... sad, people who build big dolla trucks get a break but, the average weekend builder has to sacrifice greatly to buy these parts. I guess thats how the world works. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
808, I thought I would comment here as I've seen this line of inquiry run amok and people that I really respect on here get pretty worked up about it. There is nothing that precludes any of us from approaching vendors and asking them to participate in our build. And probably more correctly, there is nothing stopping us from doing superlative builds that catch vendors' eyes and that compel them to contact us and ask to be involved. Having read all of Ken's builds on here, his focus is on building high quality trucks. He shows them and has access to big shows. In many cases, reading his threads, he mentions that particular vendors approach him. I suppose anyone can say whether they think he is lucky or just plain works hard. But there's no denying he puts a considerable amount of energy into each build. Each interested vendor has to decide what level of involvement is appropriate to get the return on their sponsorship. If I was Ken, I wouldn't make the details of those agreements public either.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote