View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: A noiseless Harley really .

There are new companies making or developing electric MCs and Harley is just remaining relevant as well as playing to it's younger and next customer base. They have been trying to gain younger riders for decades, if not forever... Hummer, Aeromacchis, 883, Blast... What gets me is they already took a leap forward with a kickass cool sport bike in the Buell and they dumped that. Now they bring a sport bike back for their leap into electric power. Customer base? Must be a whole new one because nothing about this nike says Harley to me. I guess us lifelong loyal customers of all these decades of change have become so irrelevant were are being kicked yo the curb. It's not that I dislike the idea of an electric motorcycle. Makes total sense, light and efficient simple form of transportation. I just don't know why they aren't kicking off their electric platform with a Harley instead of something they don't make.

Also, MCs are the least of our concern when it comes to fuel efficiency. We have had 100mpg MCs since the '60s if not longer. I use so little fuel with my pumped up Harley I never give fuel a thought. I get on and ride all day on 5 gallons. I couldn't afford to do that in a car that's as quick

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote