View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

WOW-I gotta get out more!

Awesome stuff in here. I've been a member since the beginning of the year, and with a few small exceptions here and there most of my time on the forums is spent on the 60-66 section. I just got bored and started looking around the site, and found this section today. I thought me and a buddy of mine were the only ones left building the plastic model kits, turns out there are quite a few very talented people right here on this board. Now I'm even more hooked on this site (oh the wife is gonna love this ). I have been building 1/24 and 1/25 scale cars and trucks since I was back in the single digits. I used to sit and watch my dad build airplanes, but never had the fascination with flight like he did, so when I was old enough I started building cars. I guess you could say my obsession for building real cars came from building plastic models (which I'm sure is quite common here). I've never taken any picture of the cars and trucks I've built so I have none to share at the moment. But when I get a chance I'll try to take a few and post them up.

Got a question for you guys; where is a good online source to get supplies and even kits? There is nothing left in town (not even Walmart carries model stuff anymore), and even the places in Reno Nv. are getting pretty sparce. I can find the basic paints and tools, but the hobby shops I was used to growing up had all kinds of extra stuff you could buy for scaled models: photo etched distributors, wheel and tire packages, engine packages, and even just plain plastic stock for scratch building. I just can't find this stuff anywhere any more. Anyone have a good source?

Last edited by fryer1979; 08-26-2010 at 06:43 AM.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote