View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:12 AM   #559
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

spent the last 2 days putting a clutch in mine. Yes, those of you who frequently do clutches probably could have done it in a few hours. We spent about 4 hours trying to get the old pilot bushing out, then had problems with the ball stud in the bell housing and the spring that clips it to the clutch fork. Had a good friend scrounge those parts up from stuff they had laying around at the house. Then didn't get the Hurst shifter stick back in correctly, and it took another hour or so to figure that simple fix out. The truck is back home with no passenger side exhaust as we took that apart to give us room, and didn't have replacement collector bolts or a gasket at 9:00 last night. That was an adventure to drive it with open exhaust! I'll button that up today and be completely done.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote