View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 05:35 PM   #20
72MARIO

71stepside,

Did you say Burnt out fromrust repair ? Wow You actually had floors ! My truck did not have rockers on it when I bought it. They were rotted right off.
I can understand the feeling. I really pushed myself to get it done this winter. I call my the guy who Sprayed my dads 66 Beaumont (Cdn Chevelle)I asked him when he could spray it. He told me 2 weeks I was out in the shop every night from 6pm till 2:30-3 am. It was the only way I could get it done.

My truck is not "Done" but the dirty, crappy, bleading, and yelling bad things at it is pretty much done. I still need to install the rad support and hang the front clip. I have all the trim instaled on the grill Oh ! it looks so killer. Still need another 4-5 G's to get it finished/driveable.

I installed the 1 piece window kit in my 67.(non power) I hope you have 4 arms or a good friend who can help you out.It's a pretty good kit make sure you glue the front weather stripping into the channel. Oh and have a look at the inside of the door where the weather stripping fuzzie clips in there is a notch make sure you shave it straight. I missed it and everytime I see it it bugs me. I can get a pic in a couple of weeks if you need them. Oh and if your are really smooth you can drill the hole in the front of the door right now so you will not have to remove them after paint. (I did thanks to Pont for the help)The other thing I would suggest is getting a roll of 3M green tape and tape the entire area around the window opening so you can't chip the paint.

Later , Mario
1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD

Last edited by 72MARIO; 04-12-2005 at 05:43 PM.
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote