View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
snowblind

Re: seating options in a 72 blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr26@cox.net View Post
i have a set of front seats from a 2003 tahoe. will these work in the front as they dont fold up. will i have enough clearance to get into back of blazer with them slid up all the way or can i take the factory flip brackets and make them work on new seats? or should i scrap the whole idea and any suggestions on what year model to install that flip up?
Only the passenger seat flips up in any year blazer. Personally I would be scared to mount a new (heavy) seat on the old flip up mechanism.

I mounted my 02 seats by removing the factory brackets, welding new plates to the seat rails and bolting the plates to the floor. For the passenger seat I offset these plates towards the back of the rails so that the seat would go more forward than normal.

With this set up there is just enough room for dogs or small kids to get in the back with no trouble but it's not really adult friendly. Even like that front seat room is a little compromised. It's not bad but your 6 foot plus friends will feel a little close to the dash. I can take photos/exact measurements this weekend if you want.

'72 Jimmy Build
snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote