View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #26
yukon ratrod

Re: 82 SWB GMC cruiser with an attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybale View Post
Ok I need to vent a little hear so bear with me. Last Wednesday night I was working on the getting the “bolt in” front suspension setup installed after I had to cut on the frame to get it in place. And I found that the motor mounts would not line up. I was trying to install them the way the pictures show them in the threads I found on here that deal with the wide-ride. I have had to use the photos here because the http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/n...2#instructions from Nolimit really do not pertain to this style truck and are pretty much useless. The mounts would not line up if you tried to bolt them in place on the top of the frame rail. They were pitched way to far forward and were not sitting all the way on the frame. I double checked everything I could, but since the instructions have ZERO reference measurements, I was having trouble figuring out what the problem was. It seemed the tabs on the crossmember might have been in the wrong location. So I called Nolimit just before they closed to ask for assistance. I explained what was happening and sent them some pictures via text message and Rob told me he would get back to me the next day (Thursday) with measurements. On Saturday afternoon I called again and after a little prodding I got Rob to measure out what everything should be on his jig. Sunday after I got home from work (I have to work every third weekend these days) my daughter and I went out to the shop and I measured out the crossmember and the frame. And low and behold the frame is taller than what the setup is designed for. While looking things over I noticed the upper control arm mount was also pretty close to the top of the frame, and since frame was too tall I figured I had better check that as well. And sure enough the control arm would not get close the recommended starting setting of the adjustor straight down, without hitting the frame. On Monday morning I sent Rob an email telling him what I had found. And nothing, I still have not heard a word from them. Not a “we’re sorry”, not a “how can we help”, and certainly not a “how can we make this right”. Now don’t get me wrong I know what needs to be done to fix it or at least make the system work at this point. It just bugs me that they advertise this system as a “bolt in” for our trucks and it is anything but. My frame is a plain-Jane half ton SWB frame, not anything new or odd. But I am now going to have to cut down the rail height to get this wide ride in. I almost boxed the whole mess up and sent it back. Then I got to thinking that if I did that I will have wasted all the time I already but into this and if I post and show what I do then maybe the next guy that gets sold this “bolt in” will have something to reference. As for Rob and Nolimit, there were a lot of parts I was looking at getting from them still but now they will not see another penny from me.
Im the owner of a custom shop in the far north in Canada. I always seem to have these problems and decided to try no limit. I had made a order, ordering a chassis pack which included the front suspension kit, rear 4 link kit, motor mounts and trans mount along with a brake booster and master cylinder. I had also ordered a gas tank and never did recieve it. my customer had delt with them and I was informed from no limit that my customer was quite rude and that they would never do business with him again!!!! I learned really quickly from no limit that your just a number. I had called no limit to deal with the missing gas tank and make right with my customers actions and it was my fault that it the tank wasn't sent??? which was bs because my order was first done with e-mail and the tank was my number one concern. fast forward a week later and I called to get the gas tank ordered and Robs wife had absolutely no idea who I even was even after a 20 minute rant about my rude customer???? so needless to say I'm tired of no customer service in general these days and this company had one chance to do business with me and decided to not deal with the issues, so I guess they must not need the business. there's my rant! lol the worst part is that by the time the shipping and broker fees are paid this was almost a 10,000 dollar order which is alot of money regardless of who you are
yukon ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote