Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #961
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I like the 8's. Def a better fit for your set-up.
Thanks, they actually fit! And I'm surprised the 3.5" backspacing works, it's real close, but I have turned from left to right and in-between while flexing on uneven ramps and it doesn't rub so I'm happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
That new wheel set up looks much better. I like your original center caps as well.
I think I'm with you on this, plus I already have all 4 of those center caps so I wouldn't have to buy 2 more of the others.

I worked on the bedsides last night, got the high build sanded down to 120 grit. Just one more light pass with 220 and they are ready for sealer and paint. The rest of the panels aren't getting bodyworked except for wheel tubs. So I am hoping to have the bed, grill, and few other small parts in final paint by Sunday. It's gonna be tough because I don't have room, the bedsides take up almost all the space on my racks. And going between sealer and final paint constantly is both a little waste usually because of pot life, and also a time waste becuase of going back and forth. It's just easier to do all parts in sealer first, then all parts in paint last. All in one single pass each. If my air hose could reach the backyard I would hang everything in my tree......

You can see there are still a couple of low spots and high spots, but they are tiny. It's pretty decent actually and you'll never see them in my paint. And I've said it before, daily driver

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote