View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #88
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

well after some muddleheadeness got the exhaust manifold issues worked out. found a set from a 2005 ls3 that are just sweat had to trim my frame a slight bit to accommodate them but the turned out very nic no interference issues on the exhaust pipe either. After that went back to the engine wiring and it is complete now. Sweet thing about these factory exhaust manifolds the o2 sensor is on top of the manifold right in the collector so no crawling around underneath the truck to get to em now. That lead to moving the o2 sensors connectors in my harness and much more. Got my corvette throttle pedal in today and will be working on that next. Another thing that has been bugging me is a cneter console..... Welp just found some thing that I am making work so far it is turning out very very nice.... Take a look and see what you think . The only truck based center console I have seen with a high mount transmission shifter built in. So after about 30 minutes of waiting at a junkyard broght it home and dropped it into place there. I had to raise the back of it about 3 inches due to slope of the floor in my truck but just finished sitting in the seat and checking out how well it fits. Now I have storage cup holders and shifter all taken care of for less than 200$... It came from a 2005 up f150 lariat or king ranch model. Either of those trucks area good source for them. Another bonus I am going to take advantage of is the fact it had rear ac vents on it . I took the back cover off it for right now and going to weld some plastic to fill the spots in then pull the vents and use them in the rest of the console I will have done by a fiberglass guy I know that does some awesome work.

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote