Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 06:41 PM   #9
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

One more update for tonight....

I ordered this bench seat from Chris Snowden Custom Seats. He makes a great product that is super comfortable. You can order them many ways, I chose this design and material/color. I also got several extra yards of material for the rest of the interior so it all matches. I then placed the seat in the truck flat on the floor, obviously not a good position but I had to start somewhere. I then used some wood blocks to get it where I was happy and comfortable. Once I knew what those measurements were I was able to make these standoffs.

With some rectangular tubing that I had lying around. I then trimmed it, used some hardware I had and was able to make it so they bolt to the seat tracks, then the stud goes through the floor and bolts down. I will install a support under the floor for some added strength so in an accident it won't rip out.

I then made some panels to close off the open space. I am undecided if these will get upholstered or paint matched.

And lastly here is a sample of the material and a sample of the German Square Weave carpeting that I will be using. I love the rich look of it. I bout several yards of the carpet and have it rolled up in my basement waiting.

gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote