View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 02:15 PM   #4750
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I haven't checked in since my driver's door wiped the paint off the edge of the fender. That caused me to quit working on the beast for about 3 months.

Here's what happened: I installed the interior door panel, but there was a bow just below the door window. I took a couple of channel locks, bent that part of the door in slightly, reinstalled the interior panel and...PERFECT. Unfortunately, it upset the door overall. I closed the door and wiped out the paint on the rear edge of the fender.

Anyway, I've been back at it for a few weeks. The electricals pretty much check out now, steering is in and the interior is complete except for the tach installation. I'm trying to bust into the schedule of my buddy that has the machine shop so I can make a spiffy bracket.

Here are some interior pics. (I do plan to change out the horn button to a '67 vette item that has only the crossed flags.)
Attached Images

Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote