View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Gromit

Re: CAD drawing of the dash bezel wood grain decal

My desktop publishing skills are pretty rudimentary but I tried printing this first PDF that was posted in Adobe with the zoom level (and print properties) set to "Actual Size" and the result is attached.

It ends up printing with the Speedo circles 2-3/4" in diameter (too small).

Another measurement I tried is from the straight part of the notches in the top (since those are the only convenient straight edges to make a reasonably accurate horizontal measurement) and that measurement ends up being 10-3/4" (too small)

The template is still helpful as it is because a sign shop or graphics person should be able to run an Auto-Trace on the black lines and convert the lines in this pdf to vectors which I think would make the image a parametric or scale-able / resize-able object; but that would take some skill - I'm pretty sure Adobe can convert a DWG into a PDF while retaining the actual dimensions of the original DWG.

I'm thinking this may not be the only time people on this forum may wish to exchange CAD files - after all the desktop 3D printers are already here.. So maybe it would be beneficial if the webmaster could take this as an opportunity enable DWG or DXF as document types?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Bezel_Test_v1.pdf (14.6 KB, 522 views)
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote