View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 09:51 PM   #9
twistedchevy

Re: twistedchevy's 70 burb

01/02/16
Put a plug in the bottom of the rear tank, added 10gals to the driver saddle tank that already had 8gal, and added 25gals to the rear tank. Both tanks could have taken more but the 35gals costed me $100. So I stopped.

01/10/16
Got a fuel neck and door for the Burb

Today I installed the fuel neck and door in the driver side for the saddle tank, I didn't like the fuel neck hanging above the rear tire.

Cut the hole

One of the previous owners decided to fill the rested hole with expanding foam then bondo over it, will have to address that another day. Just didn't want it catching on fire while welding

Panel set in place

Starting to tac in place, you can also see the 1/4" of bondo

All welded in place and ground down, have a couple of pin holes but I can throw a small coat of bondo over it when I feel like it

Outside painted

Inside, had to cut a hole in the inner panel and the floor brace

Where it connects to the tank

Now I need to find another fuel door and pipe for the passenger side, figured I should do the fuel necks before I put the floor in.

Also since my original plans were to cut up what ever 4x4 Burb I have to eventually make a crew cab I plan on keeping this Burb 4x4 since the whole back half is rusted out.
72 c10 GMC burb 350/400, with 67 Chevy front clip(grocery getter)
Ours: 67 c30 tow truck
70 c10 long bed 383stroker w/digital gauges(work truck)
twistedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote