View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #29
Foot Stomper

Re: 1959 GMC 9310 Canadian built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
are you sending the cab for blasting or just some other smaller stuff? just curious because that is when you really find out what you have. make sure to really check your cab mounts and door hinge pillars. maybe even do some measurements while there is still something left to measure. pics say a thousand words later when you are looking at the empty spot and wondering what it looked like before, haha. trust me. I only had 1/2 a truck left after blasting mine. lots of guesswork when it comes time to weld in the new panels.
curious to know where you will go for blast work. do it yourself or have it done? a buddy of mine sent stuff to a guy near Conrich(?) somewhere. let me know if you need his contact info, just pm me. buddy was happy with the work I think. the guy does it all the time so gotta know what he is doing. I did mine myself just because that is how I roll. what a mess though.
Great suggestion about taking some measurements!
The blaster is in Regina, Sask...not far from where the truck is currently in surgery. Ken has had blast work done there before so trusts that the truck will come back as straight as it was delivered....minus the cancer.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote