Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #557
The Rocknrod

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
Hi Ed.....Yep these are some that I am missing.

Mainly need the suspension bolts right now...bolts that mount the cradle to the frame, motor mount bolts that mount the pieces to the cradle and frame.
I bought some new u-bolts for the lower control arms.

also needing the concave washers that go on the studs for the upper control arm mounts...I think they may be called camber washers????

Of course will need the bolts that mount the hinges to the doors and truck, bolts for the door striker, windshield wiper motor.

The smaller interior screws I can buy from what Ive seen.

I "Think" that a lot of the chassis bolts are simply grade 8 bolts, Im assuming but don't really know the sizes....got some figuring to do.

Ive been looking for rusted out old wrecked trucks but no luck....Figured the bolts would be good.,

My goal is to get this thing back together, painted or not and then drive it...tired of seeing it in pieces.

Andy and I have been swapping tools in the mail, wire strippers, etc.....and Andy is redoing my instrument cluster for me as well so that's gonna be good.

I also ordered my 5 lug rear axles from CPP and they should be here next week.

Ill get them swapped out and hopefully be able to get some bolts to mount the front cradle so I can make the chassis a roller.

I have bought some Ridler 5 spoke Chrome wheels that will be here next week as well so once I get the chassis stuff back on then I can roll the frame around.
cradle to the frame - Like captainfab said they are grade 8's from the factory, I purchased new ones.
the concave washers - POL has new ones. Or contact Aspen Truck Parts in Arizona for used.
Hinges to doors etc. - I used LMC Truck Parts.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote