View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
bzblaine

Re: Help with my build please. 70 C10 Short Stepper.

No offense taken at all. I do understand where you're coming from. And please excuse me because I am still relatively new to the engine building process. But I will give you what information I have. When my buddy gets back in town I will try to get a little bit more detailed information. it's a 468 Chevy big block. We bought it from one of the most Reputable speed shops in San Antonio. We spent a pretty penny on it. Came with a built turbo 400 transmission. This speed shop guaranteed 460-480 hp to the crank. I only say 460-480 because I can't remember what exactly it was. It's either 460 or 480. They do have a Dyno there. My buddy told me that it has the stock heads. He said he will be switching to aluminum heads and doing a couple of other things to hit right around 600. But he is telling me for sure it'll be between 550 and 600 hp to the crank.now I don't know what that translates into for rear wheel horsepower. I just want to make sure that the suspension and rear end will be able to take that kind of power. Now I don't plan on putting slicks on it. Just some wide tires because this is going to be mainly a street daily driver. I might take it to the track once a year or something but it's not really something I planned on doing. Once again I do apologize for my lack of knowledge. I am still learning. And I do appreciate yalls patients with me.
bzblaine is offline   Reply With Quote