Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #431
SCOTI

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
That really does look like a well built box plus it's a nice bonus to be cheaper than most. Thanks for the awesome detailed pics. I'm still on the fence about it for my situation. This will be the first truck I've ever had air ride on and I'm thinking, worst case scenario here, would be able to have access to the battery if catastrophic failure were to occur and the truck is flat on the bump stops?

In regard to the rewire, both you and Potter are making me want to keep up with the Jones'. My Uncle bought this truck new and was an electrician by trade so the original harness looks very good, but its still almost half a century old. Then there is always the argument "might as well since I'm this deep in it". I think the best price I've found on the AAW kit is $539., unless you know better?
You want a remote mounted jumper junction block. You find a spot that's easy enough to access for connecting to & put terminals there. Some do small covered boxes w/the POS/NEG terminals tucked in side while others might just tuck them out of sight somewhere while still being partially exposed.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 11-15-2019 at 11:27 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote