View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #39
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: serpentine setups..info please

First of all, do you have smog tests in your state? If so the smoggies will make you put the stuff back on. All of the tubes in your pictures are for air injection to your exhaust system and it is required in most states. Many trucks did not have smog stuff on it, however, my 84 and my son's 85 did and now that stuff is in the trash, but I live in Kansas and we do not have smog checks. If you are free of the rules, then YES it can be removed and the holes plugged with either plugs from an automotive outlet or homemade plugs. The wire that you want to remove is not going to give you any issue and if nothing else just move it and the connector out of the way. Take the smog pump and do the ALLY-oop to the storage ppile in the back of the garage.

Look for a basic motor plan, here. Gas and air in, and exhaust out (without the cats I imagine). The dizzy and carb may have to be changed for something that is not computer dependent for operation. I put a standard HEI into my truck and then did an upgrade to an aluminum intake to get rid of the computer carb. YOu could change over to a different carb selection without changing the intake.

I have a 383 stroker motor in my truck and my son's truck has a standard 350 without the smog, and cats affecting them. Short of giving off emission gases that are not inline with California's standards (who cares about
california), we have good running vehicles.