Thread: $$$ Toyotas
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #6
truckster

Re: $$$ Toyotas

I wish it were that simple. The accumulator had an internal leak ($2,000) so I replaced that. Then I had to buy Toyota's Techstream software so I could bleed the brakes ($55 for a 48 hour subscription) plus a new cable to connect the Highlander to Techstream. After 5 hours of trying to reset the computer, I realized that it wouldn't work because the steering angle sensor is not at 0 degrees. One of my daughters curbed the car hard enough to bend the lower control arm a few months ago. I replaced the control arm and had the vehicle aligned. I didn't realize there was a problem until I figured out that the computer uses VSC, ABS, yaw angle, steering angle, accelerometer, and speed information all to determine if it will let you drive it. It's going back to the alignment shop Monday, and then I'll see if I can reset it - after spending another $55 for a 48 hour Techstream subscription renewal.

Disconnecting the battery on the hybrid doesn't erase codes; it can actually cause new codes, like "linear solenoid valve learning undone."
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote