Thread: 502 Twin Turbo
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
davepl

502 Twin Turbo

I'm in the process of building a dyno hero, with no immediate intent of putting it in a car.

Long story short I had this motor in a '69 Camaro with the intent of putting an F2 supercharger on it, but then decided I wanted it to be a daily cruiser, so stuffed an LS3 in it.

Now I have this 502, all forged, with Trick Flow 340cc rect port heads and a Hogan sheet metal short-runner intake, Scorpion roller rockers, BigStuff3 computer, MSD DualSync, 85# Siemens injectors, and some other decent parts.

I want to put it all together with twin turbos and see what it'll do on my friend's engine dyno.

So, I ordered two GT45 eBay turbos and some stainless exhaust manifolds. My next decision is how to intercool it... any suggestions?

The bottom picture is about 10 years ago, so I painted it all Chevy Orange just to clean it up. And because I like tall orange valve covers! It could use a lot more cam (stock ZZ502 cam right now) but I don't want to tear it apart if I don't have to.

I have a 4" throttle body and the turbos are 2.25" discharge, so I've got to bridge that gap somehow also.
Attached Images

davepl is offline   Reply With Quote