View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #8
truckster

Re: Perfect night for a run

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
truckster, I knew that you are a hard core runner. I’ve never put in the kind of miles you do.
But, I do get motivated by what you as far as running. It’s definitely impressive.

When I ran with my brother our long run was typically 6 or 7 miles our average was 4 or so and short runs were 3.
We ran lots of 5k and 10k and he talked me into a 1/2 marathon. Did it right at 2 hours. By no means fast.
He’s done a couple of marathons.

When I was in basic we rappelled Medicine Bluff/ Geronimo’s Cliff.
I watched a drill sergeant do it Australian Style.
There are days I really regret my goal... but I'm not going to give up. I've only run one 5k (I won the age group) but I've never run a marathon. Mostly I'm trying to prove a point to myself. I guess I'm kind of hard-headed.

I used to be a rappel master. Australian was my favorite style. I'd give my trainees a heart attack by coiling 25-35 feet of slack and running off the edge of the tower or cliff. But I remember being terrified the first time I ever tried it. I miss those days sometimes.

By the way - Ft. Sill - were you a gun bunny, by chance?

Last edited by truckster; 04-04-2020 at 11:53 PM.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote