View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 12:15 AM   #66
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Making Keys For The ’60 -‘66 Chevy Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchevs View Post
Hello Leon
Wanted to thank you for the information on this thread. Due to the covid crisis I’ve had a chance to finally work on my projects. Here is my question. I have a few ignition switches but no keys, my understanding is that you need the key to remove the tumbler. Am I out of luck with those switches? Is there a way to remove those tumblers without a key? Next question is, what is your current price to key alike ignition, 2doors and glove box lock? I don’t have a key.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have a set of tryout keys (some people call them master keys) that I use to remove the lock cylinders from switches that have no keys. There really is no way for the average person to remove the lock cylinders without the correct key if you are trying to save them. If a person has a lot of old GM keys laying around they can sometimes get lucky and find one that will work.

The cost to re-key lock cylinders is $12.50 each except for the tailgate handles and they are $15.50. Plus how ever many keys a person wants & return postage.

The cost is determined by the number of cylinders that have to be re-keyed. For example, if the door cylinders are keyed the same then I would cut a key for them from the code number ($7.50 ea for replacement keys cut by code) and re-key the ignition and glove box to match them. @2 x $12.50

Thanks,
LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-16-2020 at 12:35 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote