View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 09:38 AM   #15
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Looking for a tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
What about wideband tuning though? I put in an extra O2 bung on my exhaust for it, but it's another $500 for the hardware to use a wideband in HPTuners. Is tuning with a wideband a way to take the tune from 90% efficient to 99% efficient?
I recommend we all start with $300 for the basic new MPVI2 HP Tuners little black box that plugs into the OBDII port, that will allow you to read and look at your current tune, but not to write to it aka make changes or as the cool kids say FLASH your PCM. That's a great starting point, it's safe and it gets you in the game.

Then pay $100 more to tune one GM vehicle ie get two credits ($50/credit) the minimum required to tune one GM car/truck.

Then you regroup and pay an additional $250 for something HP Tuners calls the Pro Feature Set (I think it is a software upgrade to turn your $300 dollar regular basic box to Pro) meaning now you will be able to hook up a wideband to it. The Pro Feature Set includes a little magical cable (called a Pro Link) that plugs into the MPVI2 on one end and connects to your Wideband on the other end. Now to make things confusing they sell the Pro Link cable by itself for only $35 bucks, but if you just buy that it will not work with a wideband without Pro Feature Set upgrade, I think they sell the Pro Link by itself in case you lost yours.
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote