View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #17
Hazieview
Building Dreams out of Dimes!

Re: 1 JL audio 12 w7 or 3 10" shallow mount pioneers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
I have played with both speakers.....

What amps are you going to run and how much power are you throwing at the subs/sub?

The W7 is hungry and will want 1000 watts. We hooked one up to a honest 600 wattsw and it sounded like crap.

I would also like to know what your going to run for your front stage and how much power. A W7 with 1000 watts is going to need a whole lot of mid and high to sound good and honestly I don't know if you can acomplish that in a regular cab.

2 of the pioneer shallow mount 12's matched up with a nice set of components in the doors would sound better than a W7 and nothing special in the doors...imho
As of now I will be running at least a 1100 watt eclipse amp for my subs. I have 2 high outpot pioneer premier 6x9s , 2 pioneer premier 5" components, and a pioneer premier amp for my highs and mids which I think is around 400 or 500 watts I think.

My original thinking was that my components and 6x9s would sound perfect with 2 shallow mount pioneer subs...

I really do not want a speaker box in the middle of my seats. I would kind of like it to look stock but sound awesome. It just kind of ads to the surprise when it looks ordinary at first glance.

Kind of like when I pop my hood and there isn't an old dusted up 305. Instead its a freshly painted, 450 HP sb400 with shiny aluminum brackets. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Hazieview is offline   Reply With Quote