View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
Lattimer

Re: For you stereo guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 chevelle View Post
I had some pyramid speakers , they were total junk , waist of money and install time , sounded horrible , I like , jl , mb quart , and even sony , Boston acoustics are nice also , my jl amp is awesome , great adjust ability and you need that
JL makes nice stuff, buts its pricey. In my Tundra I have a nice setup with all Image Dynamics speakers. I got their low end stuff and they are still very nice. I'm running them with a pair of old Blaupunkt amps that shouldn't sound very good, but work well and actually sound great. More power would be an improvement, but what I have works too well to mess with.

The Chevy got all Pioneer speakers. Four 4" 2-ways in the Highliner headliner and an 8" sub under the seat, running off a Hifonics amp. Install isn't totally complete yet, I think I have a bad connection or a nicked wire somewhere causing static.

Over the years I have had great luck with Kicker, Polk, Infinity, Pioneer, and Image Dynamics speakers. Sound quality ranges all overt the map, and none of those brands make the list for serious car audio guys.

Audio is one area where you really do get what you pay for. Cheap stuff gives you cheap sound. I have found that I really can't tell the difference from upper mid-level to high end, my ears are not well enough tuned to tell. So I get midrange quality stuff in general. I tend to put more money into the speakers and buy decent lower end amps, and it seems to work out well.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote