Thread: gm and EV
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #7
Boog
laying low

Re: gm and EV

Oh I'm sure car makers and energy providers are all in cahoots with the move to ev. They wouldn't make long term production commitments without complete assurance of easily available charging stations to the buying public. As said, gm plans to offer 30 models by 2025. I am not advocating for EV. I don't want one but that is the way of the current future of automakers in the US and abroad. Cali was the first state to mandate the new auto sales to EV by 2035 or so and recently another state mandated EV by a certain date also. Mass or Conn I think it was. There will be others. IC vehicles will still be around but at some point the parts will run out or gas will be too expensive to purchase forcing them out of favor with many.
I watched some videos on converting cars to ev. Quite expensive! One outfit converted a VW car in one day and it had a short mileage range. Some of them cost $30,000 for the conversion only. No where near affordable for the masses yet. Apparently the Tesla motors are some of the more powerful ones and in high demand.
I love my old trucks.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote