View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
skysoldier173rd

Re: crossmember completed/radiator installed

Actually the shroud part of the modification surprised me. I wanted the shroud for cooling purposes along with the tranny cooler. This shroud is huge and very deep but with the 350 there was a ton of room between the radiator and the front of the engine, so depth wise, no problem. The shroud is plastic of course and covers the entire radiator. In the pictures the part of the inner fender that needed to be trimmed has been edged with ribbed hose. On the passenger side, the battery box had to be moved to the extreme right side. The new radiator is around 34 inches wide. The old one is a lot narrower, I'm guessing about 24inches, but just a guess as it's already in the boneyard, so the trim job was around 6 inches per side, but no real problem. The transmission cooler is mounted in the stock position (of the 86) utilizing the stock mount from the 86 truck, just had to drill a few holes in the supports of the 60 for the mounting screws. All in all, not a difficult job. The top radiator mounts from the 86 became the bottom mounts in the 60, rubber and all. Sorry, no picture of this as it's pretty much covered and no part of the radiator shows as the plastic shroud covers all of it but the ribbed conduit shows the path of the cut.
Attached Images

Last edited by skysoldier173rd; 09-08-2010 at 04:21 PM.
skysoldier173rd is offline   Reply With Quote