View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
mknittle

Re: Favorite front disc kits, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
I'm planning to run an Astrovan hydroboost & MC under the cab. I'll figure that part out myself, I guess, or buy a firewall pedal assembly.

I need calipers, rotors, brackets & pads, though. Hoses & tapered bearings also a plus.

I really just want everything to fit right the first time. Pad / rotor / caliper alignment as well as the brackets on the axle.
the hydroboost is a real good setup. You may have to have the pressure lines made up by a shop that does hydraulic work. the return lines can be fuel hose. If you get the pump off the astro van it will have two return lines one from the box the other from the booster. When i did my jeep I used the old pump I had and ran both return lines to a T fitting and the other to the pump with no problems.

There is two different types of fittings used by GM on lines the earlier had a flair and the late have an "O" ring{I don't know the date of change.}.if you have the lines made take the fittings from the old hoses and mix and match a combo that works.

if you go with the mastercylinder under the cab use resuidal check valves [10psi drum-2psi disk} as close to the master cyilnder as possable. and you will need a balance valve{ often called a proportioning valve} I also used a willwood adjustable proportioning valve on the rear. The front had so much power the rear would get light and skid.the adjustable valve stopped that

As for the other parts I havent done that swap.

hope this helps Mark

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote