View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #28
HAULIN' IT

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman View Post
Hey thanx Joe! As of right now the plan is to use just the chassis. As far as a power plant for the Dodge, you know me I like the sixes. So I have my radar up for a 225 slant six I can build up. I personaly think they are wicked cool little engines. Plus it will look good alongside my 292!
Just a thought from an experience I witnessed. I fellow I know had a '50's Dodge truck with a GM V6 that was a kinda decent piece. He drove it around for a few years & then like others...he decided he wanted to convert the money into something else. He had trouble selling it for any real amount of money because the "Dodge guys" wouldn't spend "good" money on it since it needed an engine/trans replacement before any of their friends saw it. The GM guys didn't want a Dodge, so this left someone just wanting an old rod truck that didn't care what is was to be the buyer. No one wanted to give any real money & he sat on it for several years before selling it to a guy who "just wanted a rod" for quite a bit less than he had planned.

My advise, use a Dakota as the donor so some day when/if you decide to part with it...it's desirable by the right crowd. The Dakota has some things to offer as well. Just my Thoughts...dem Dodge guys are a funny bunch! Lorne
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote