Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #72
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tr33337 View Post
Hey Greg,

Great job so far on the truck. Was wondering if you had any pics of the seat installed?? I got the same exact seat only in blue out of our old mini van before it got recycled. Just curious about your mounting, seat height, etc. I'm 6'3 and 300 lbs so I knew leg room was going to be an issue with me, also room behind the wheel. The skinny seat back will help and dialing in the seat height will help with leg room. Thanks and keep up the great work.
The seat has been just sitting in the truck unmounted since its only going up and down the drive way. Once I finish getting the electrical squared away the seat will be done. I've been coming up with ideas and right now I am thinking of just using the old seat frame and mounting my new seat to it. Similar to how my bucket seats were mounted. that way it will just bolt into the stock seat riser.

Here is a picture of the buckets.

The whole plan is to take that stock seat frame and cut the back off so its just the base and then to use square tube to reinforce it. I have some tracks from my dad's Silverado seats so I might try and make it a slider but I am not too sure yet.

I've been limited by a lack of tools but the fight rages on.

Thanks for asking