View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #17
Thealien

Re: Looking for suspension suggestions

I have made some decisions and am looking for advice on where to get a few items. I prefer made in USA when available.

Stock height front springs.

2"- 2 1/2" Front drop spindles. I figure I would need new ball joints. Moog used to be the go to but even my trusted mechanic doesn't trust them anymore. What is a good greaseable brand?

I guess I am going to keep the stock front discs at this time but would upgrade to Braided lines.

front shocks.

Front sway bar.

Keeping the rear trailing arms. Whose rubber bushings should I use to rebuild them.

2" lowering blocks

Trailing arm mount with exhaust pass through. I could modify mine but by the time I pay someone to hole saw and weld in a couple of tubes I would probably be into it for similar money?

I will most likely need 2" lower rear springs to make the Blazer level. Source for quality USA springs? I reached out to Eibach and they said they didn't have anything? I guess if you dont want 4-6" of drop there isn't much available? Suggestions.

Rear shocks.

Shock relocation brackets due to 2-4" lowering in the rear. Are they needed?

rear sway bar.

I will probably keep my rear 12 bolt and upgrade to a tru trac carrier. I would like rear discs with emergency brake. I need the emergency brake for MA inspection and want discs in the rear mainly for looks as they will be seen through most wheel choices I will make.

I am disabled and will be paying someone to do all the work. One of the reasons I was considering a full chassis. I really appreciate any help you could give me sourcing these parts.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote