View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
spenceman72

Re: HEI and Starter wiring?

This is a great thread and has helped me a bunch. Question, on my starter (Delco starter made for 57 Corvettes, go figure?) the wiring was as follows..
Thick black cable from the + battery post. 12 g ? purple wire that runs into the firewall right by the steering wheel and then a red wire, not sure the size but a bit smaller than the purple wire, that is connected to the same terminal, 's'' on the starter as the purple wire and is connected to the positive post on the electric choke of my Edelbrock carb. I haven't read anything about a wire running from the starter to the carb, so I wonder if this is 'normal'? I was having issues with hot starts so I added a heat shield to the carb, and I was having issues with 'no start' when hot so I removed the headers, added some header wrap the the end portion by the starter and a heat shield to the starter.
Since it was starting before perhaps I should just hope that my 'fixes' for the hot start and no start will work and not worry too much about the wiring..although it does bother me when I find wires and connectors that go no where..perhaps I should chase these down and remove?
thanks!
spenceman72 is offline   Reply With Quote