View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
CousinTone

Re: 1960 3-speed Trans Linkage - Lever positions

Hey Kic, it’s days like today I wish I told my job “NO” to the transfer “back home” from my 15 years living@68th St. &Indian School. I’d come over and give a hand, and still be living in a great place.

On my swap, it was a 68 truck and I ended up putting the “new” tranny in the specific gear, with the linkage connected at the tranny with a cotter pin then used my mapp gas and muscle to get the angles right to meet my column. Someone told me there are something like 50 different linkage sets (never verified this wild claim, but it’s only his opinion I think) finding the “one” other than what was stock will be hard or needs a lot of luck. Nn

How far off the top side is you’re linkage off? If you have it installed, take a pic of where they are, note which is which and maybe someone will come to the rescue. I’d be over, but it’s a 4 hour drive now. Keep trying , it WILL get there! I’ll keep an eye on this thread and I’m sure one of us knows exactly what to do, just need them to read this. Good luck! Tony
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote