View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 06:10 AM   #11
Jedema

Re: 1948 5 window with 125" wheelbase

As far as the condition of the 48... it’s together, it’s got rust in all of the usual places. I really want to keep it looking like it does currently. And yes. I do like the long bed look. I just don’t see that many of them like that around here. The frame on the existing truck isn't actually all that bad. Somebody did a bit of hacking at it in the engine bay, but that can be fixed. No major rust, no major modifications. Boxing it in and it should be ok. I have the 4.8 LS right now. it has a baby cam in it, but I doubt that I will ever want to make it more than that. I just want it to go down the road well and be comfortable enough (and safe enough) that my family wants to ride in it... (I had a 72 CJ5 with a 350 sbc... nobody wanted to ride in that so I sold it.)

I’ll check out Code504 and see if they have anything, otherwise OG frame it is because I was lucky to find a pre-stripped S10 frame. Even if I were to take the whole thing to the scrap yard, that won't be so bad. I sold the engine and transmission from the S10 frame already so that offset most of what I had into it. Finding an already stripped extended S10 frame will be more difficult... and then the incidental costs of all the other stuff. Ugh. Upfront cost savings, sure... but I am really seeing the advantages to a reset lol.

I'm just working out of my two stall garage. I have tons of tools, but in this game, there is always that other tool to make the job easier.

JoeDoh, you are absolutely correct. I want to do this in stages. The first stage is getting it on the road. After that, well we shall see. As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't have a max budget, its more of a keep me busy project LOL.

Last edited by Jedema; 05-23-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Jedema is offline   Reply With Quote