View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 05:54 PM   #533
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
That’s awesome Vic! Congratulations on getting it fired up!
Thanks, Scott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Man..that's sucks about the trans...but congrats on firing it up..!!!....
I have a spectre cone on my truck...I've never know it to whistle...have you checked for a air leak on the intake tube ?..
Thanks for the tip, Greg. Checked the worm clamps this morning and added a couple of extra turns to the screws. All three are now good and snug. Will have to wait till I fire the engine again to know if it helped but will let you know.

Chip came by this morning and helped me with the front bumper. We had to perform a bit of mill magic on a couple of the main brackets. When we got the bumper where it needed to be, we had a half hole showing for one bolt and almost none for another. We marked the directions we needed to go and slotted four holes in each bracket just to make sure we had enough slop (ahem: adjustment). We reinstalled the brackets and were able to get the three main fasteners in both sides. At that point, I sent Chip on his way as he has a lot of irons in the fire and didn't need to hang out while I made the necessary mods to get the rest of the brackets to fit.

One of those mods involved radically reshaping the outboard brackets that bolt to the fenders and the bumper. The smoothie bumper has some welded tabs on the backside that stood out too far for those brackets. Photo below of the before and after. Still a lot of shimming and repositioning to get the angles and gaps I want, but I can tell it's going to work out.

Chuck from Ohio Speed is working with Performance Automatics to find a solution to the cracked boss that's leaking. Hope they have an easy fix.

More later.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote