View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #63
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: Pretty decent looking 1977 Blazer Chalet-denver craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Actually not Chalet #0007, despite what the seller claims, and he knows better than that, anyway. I'm guessing that out of laziness, he's copied 'n pasted his very first ebay listing of this one from mid April. He re-listed it 5 more times through to mid June, and now this latest one is his 7th listing. I never got a reply from him via ebay's messaging system on what the serial number was, nor could I prompt him to post one more photo of the serial number plate, but one of our forum members who's actively looking to buy one of these got a photo of the plate out of an associate of his during the 4th listing, it is actually Chalet #0480 built in 7/76. In the 5th listing, the seller didn't say it was #7 anymore, just that it was a "barn find."

Mightly optimistic price on it this whole time, junkers like this tend not to sell any higher than maybe $1500. One of our guys was speculating that the passenger side rear quarter had been replaced at some point since it has the later-years square fuel filler door while original '76s had the round caps. Not a good sign overall on the quality of the body.

While I know of this one, I never turn down alerts about these since my so-so search links do miss many Craigslist ads and even some ebay listings.
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote