View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #86
special-K
Special Order

Re: Caps, toppers, camper shells - ONLY!

Thanks. That's exactly what I was after... for 80 bucks!

It seemed to me I had seen later trucks with all aluminum caps by ARE. Mostly work caps but some with windows as well. It used to be you could go to any of these places selling cps and local/regional shops built them to order. But with the fiberglass popularity on more rounded modern trucks I guess those places may not be in business any more. I still see windowless aluminum caps that I'm sure are custom made, being a special height or maybe tapered roofs, etc. On the longbed '69 Power Wagon with Utiline bed I used to own, I had one made for a trip to Arizona that was basic white with just one jalousie window on each side. I dark tinted the windows and added clearance lights on the back. But it was very light (like this one now) and easy on/off.

These guys are in PA. Maybe they could fix you up:

https://www.rangertruckcaps.com/deluxe.html

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-17-2018 at 08:11 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote