View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
dlh760

Re: small block firing on every other cylinder in firing order

My compression readings are 145-150 on all eight cylinders.I am getting spark from the wires and plugs. Just 4 dead cylinders.if I run it up to about 2000 or higher rpms it seems to start having all eight work but not before then.I didn't replace the distributor itself.I drove to my landlords house about 300 yards or so and truck ran fine,when I got back in maybe 2 minutes later I started it and it was running really crappy.drove it to work the next morning did not want to stay running under about 2000 rpms . Checked it out and thought it was either the ignition module or the coil. Bought an hei tuneup kit that includes ignition module,weights,springs,adjustable vacuum advance,cap,rotor,coil and installed everything on distributor started truck up and the only change was that it would actually stay running at idle albeit only on four cylinders. That's when I realized it was every other cylinder in the firing order was not working.
Posted via Mobile Device
68 Chevy c10 longbed 307 with 305 H.O. heads,edelbrock performer intake,edelbrock performer plus cam,hei,Holley 650 double pumper and th400. Daily driver. It hauls butt,it hauls my butt where I need to go
dlh760 is offline   Reply With Quote