View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 12:52 AM   #50
Mrturner1

Re: Pinging after 40-45 mins of driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Lots of online mechanics have never touched a wrench , send their truck out to be worked on and can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about building engines according to whatever book their reading at the moment ! I used to chuckle when I'd over hear a new owner brag about the new truck he brought to a show and how long he worked on it when all he did was sign the check and hand it to me ! Put a Pontiac quadrajet on it 850 CFM and it will run just fine. I wish you lived closer for 2 reasons , 1 being you would be buying me a LOT of Heineken , and 2 I'd love to see your face when a little 292 smokes your big old bad V8 . Bhwaaaa .... Bhwaaaa...Bhwaaaa .....and gone !

Weight and balance ....Weight and balance ............100 ft burnouts are easy in any truck , getting one to launch correctly with 75 % of the weight in front is a whole nother ball game
That would be fun, and afterwards I'd wanna ride in the 292 because that's gotta be one fast I6! And I love Heineken! You have a pretty awesome job Grumpy, I mean, getting checks made out to you for building really cool trucks is about the coolest job I can think of. I'm not great at wrenching yet, but since that first thread I made where I took apart the motor the very first time to identify the cam which lead to all sorts of work, I've definetly improved 300% (not to toot my own horn lol) Maybe when I get the Gear Vendor and disk brakes all done it'll be road trip time
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote