Thread: 55 in NH build
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 04:50 PM   #179
Kevin_C

Re: 55 in NH build

Well lets just say progress has been minimal and my motivation has been dropping with the temperature. I've started installing my Vintage Air setup. Condenser and Evap is installed. I haven't decided if I'm going use their hard lines and relocate where I was planning to installing my overflow and washer tank or get creative. Do to the fact that my AC compressor is down low on the driver side I picked up some rectangular tube to make a cross bar that I can support the lines with. While looking at the mount that we made to adapt a SD7 compressor to a Gen V engine I realized that the ac manifold will interfere with the mount. I was able to redesign the mount moving it forward eliminating all the spacers and had a friend draw it up in cad. We 3d printed it just so I could test before having the parts laser cut. Parts are do to ship on friday. I think I may take some CAD courses in the future along with maybe a buying a 3d printer. ;-) it was pretty cool being able to print a mockup
Attached Images