View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #39
sameyrasmea72

Re: 72 Cheyenne Super interior questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFUN View Post
Ok Jason, I think you have it about right. The ones I have seen over the years and I go back to brand new ones was parchment door panels and seats were also parchment seat belts, retractors and the sunvisors. The dash pad and carpet were sandelwood. But they didn't have tilts that I can remember and the steering wheel/column were sandelwood. The last bone stock 72 Chey Super I had was without tilt and was just as I described with no black trim anywhere but the nylon houndstooth insert. I just don't ever remember seeing any seat belts and retractors that didn't match the vinyl color of the seat and sun visors on any models. So I don't think black seat belts are correct with a parchment vinyl and the black houndstooth. And your absolutely correct on the dash upper vent area matching the dash pad color. Every truck I ever saw had the defroster vents and that flattened color dash top area the color of the dash pad.

Now you want to discuss the factory air side outlet colors that has no rhyme or reason to whether they were body colors or black. That must have been an assembly plant thing or just running out of the painted piece and throwing on universal black outlet bezels. Someone may proof me wrong but this is what I remember seeing. Mark
I see what you are saying about the seatbelt matching the vinyl of the seat and it makes sense that GM would do that. However, there has been too many replies from reliable people and reliable original trucks to count out the parchment vinyl and black belt theory.

Infact, it seems that most replies have had the balck belts when the trim was not sandalwood.

There are several guys whose input in this thread I hold in high regards, so I get more confused every time I read it.

I think for now I am going to go with parchment (bucket seats, door panels, headliner, visors) and black (carpet, tilt/wheel, dash pad) WITH THE PARCHMENT SEAT BELTS. For one, I already have them, they look good, and I really don’t know what if not both colors could be correct.

It will look sort of like this without the hounds tooth and chrome bling-bling.
Attached Images