View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Brake Crud On Backside of Wheel

I'm thinking blasting is the only way with this stuff,but was hoping someone had a secret old Indian trick to share. I did first try the wheel cleaner and it didn't touch it. I find that stuff cleans nice rims very well (maintenance) but with any blemishes or stains at all it takes a scuff pad or steel wool and elbow grease,too. I use a flexible abrasive wheel on a drill with wheel cleaner on the fronts and it works really well. The backs are so irregular with ridges and divots it's about impossible to do anything by hand. I went and used oven cleaner. Maybe if I used it and used it and used it some more it would take it off,but probably be cheaper to pay to have them glass beaded and that's where I'm at if no one has a magic trick.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote