View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #15
Mrturner1

Re: inline 250 with 373 posi???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Put the 3.73 posi in and you'll be happy ,

Mrturner1 , A little good natured ribbing is all in fun . While your sitting at the line smoking your tires with that one wheel wonder a "little" 292 with a manual Trans and 3.73 posi will sit and git ! There were lots of 350 guys back in the early 70's who lost their shirts betting against the "little" l6 engines . It's all about correct balance and weight distribution and a taller gear just makes them quicker down the road . Learn to love the color of fading tailights ! Hahaha ! What will 44 psi in the tires do ? Help it spin faster ? Try 16 psi maybe it will hook up a little better , or rip out your driveshaft !
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm laughin with ya don't worry! lol the 44 psi and K&N was sarcasm, I was bein silly you know, like something that simple could change everything haha (takin a shot at the gear swap)

I still don't think gears makes a slow truck fast though gears moves the power in the rpm range. my truck would've benefited for sure (still will!) but it wouldn't have near the power it has now. Needed a stall too, man am I happy I got one of those.

My hat is off, and I am truly amazed and interested in learning more if I6's are beating SBC's at the strip What I was thinking was an I6 with granny low crawling all over the trails in the woods here where I live.
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote