View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #2175
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Oh, I think you've still got the touch man. Looks outstanding!! I like it way better. CLEAN like your Shop! Nice work there.
Thanks, John, I believe it looks better too. The Mango Tango was just stuck out there all by itself looking like a redheaded stepchild. The engine compartment and surrounding parts are now all machined aluminum and shades of silver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Oh, I bet a Kandy would look good over that Platinum. "specially if you threw some chunky stuff in it.
Much better look.
Dang, Chip! I bet any kind of Kandy won't be happenin'. The pearl tint is as crazy as it gets.

I got the stainless trim around the drip rails, but not without a fight. The bottom on both sides wouldn't stay snapped in place, so I used some tiny watch screws to hold it and then ground the heads down and polished them. Barely can tell they're in there.

Also finished installing the AC evaporator. Once I had the upper two hard lines more or less in place, I removed the unit and worked the heater lines until they exited the holes dead center. Scott dropped by this afternoon just in time to help me with an extra pair of hands for the final installation. Thanks, Scott! Now for the wiring. The cruise control system arrived this week, so I have to figure out how to loom all of the wires under the dash along with the stereo, AC, dash cam and etc. Should be treat.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote