Thread: 55.2-59 Reminder to work safe
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #18
73kay

Re: Reminder to work safe

Great rules to follow. My angle grinder kicked back at me
and nicked my left wrist so fast I didn’t feel anything. Could of been worse but it got one tendon and nicked another. I kept the dry blood spots on the shop floor to keep the memories fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Rule number one: Don't f*ck with spinny sh!t. Any tool that spins carries a bunch of potential for damage. The amount of potential energy in a 2" disc spinning at 25,000 rpm is greater than the energy stored in a 225/75R16 tire carrying a truck at 60 mph!! The larger the disc and / or the faster the roatation the more energy inside to do damage.

Some rules I always follow:
Any cutoff wheel that has been wet gets thrown out.
Any cutoff wheel that has been cracked gets thrown out.
Any cutoff wheel that has been dropped gets thrown out.
Any grinder, cutter, or die grinder that has loose or noisy bearings gets shelved for repair or thrown out.
Any grinder, cutter, or die grinder that has a bent shaft / wobbling chuck gets shelved for repair or thrown out.
Any paper or adhesive grinding disc that is torn or has bad adhesive gets thrown out.
Items to be drilled, ground, polished, or cut need to be in a vise or vise-grips or attached to a larger part that is stable.
Use locking pliers to hold parts that are being applied to a bench grinder/buffer or wire wheel.
And finally, safety glasses and hearing protection are mandatory.

I SAID HEARING PROTECTION IS MANDATORY!
Attached Images

1953 3100 292 T5
1985 K5 Blazer 350 700R4 208
73kay is offline   Reply With Quote