View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #2660
firedemon

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

got the pics of the headlight harness . I mounted the relays on the rad support because the wireing was too short to let me get to the fender and still be able to get to passenger side headlight . I could have mounted it on the other side on the battery box but I wanted to be closer to the main junction for the harness where the alternator and the voltage sensing wires tie in . its also closer to the headlight switch . the harness came with a male plug to plug into the old headlight plug so for now I used that and left the passenger side hanging unused so if theres a problem with the relays or harness I could go right back to the old . I did solder the power wire to the harness at the wire to the battery right next to the factory splice and it has a 30 amp fuse . this winter ill get rid of the old stuff and solder everything and re wrap so it looks factory . when I was changing the bulbs over to the h4 I had one in turned it on what a difference between the two . I took it for a ride last night couldn't believe the difference . all in I got about 60 bucks in the bulbs and harness great upgrade . I want to do led turn and brake lights should help out the electric system real nice
Attached Images