View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #14
'65 chevy lover

Re: Throttle foot peddle bolts

I'm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I have this same problem with my '65. I ordered the ball studs form Classic Parts and they have 1/4"-20 threads and my holes are tapped for 5/16"-18 threads. I know that my truck is stock when it comes to this area, my grand father was the original owner (I've owned it now for 34 years) and it never had these replaced until I took them out many years ago when I switched to a cable throttle set up.

I decided to just keep the cable throttle set up for now until I can find the right studs to use. Next time I order from McMaster Carr I might add two of these to my list to see if they will work. Shipping would be more than these two parts alone so I'll just wait till I have a larger order...

https://www.mcmaster.com/#9512k63/=1c207md
Mine looks stock as well. I was going to try to put nuts on the back side of the floor and, if that wouldn't work, cut off the threaded part and weld 5/16" bolts on there but, after seeing that there is a place that has the ball studs with 5/16" x 18 thread, I'm going to just get those.
Edit: Just got off the phone with McMaster-Carr and ordered two of those bolts. It sure is weird that everyone else I've talked to has 1/4"x20 thread and, mine and aggie91, have 5/16x18 thread studs. A big thank you to aggie91 for posting up the info for those studs, it is MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Last edited by '65 chevy lover; 03-20-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Extra info
'65 chevy lover is offline   Reply With Quote