View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
whiskymaker

Re: A Scottish 55 Big back window

So......the story started a few weeks back.....i shall bring you all up to speed now over the coming posts...now ive finished my shift at the distillery....

Bruce is my mate doing the work.......and below are the pics he sent me with his words...........and description...........

now Bruce DONT hang around

his words n pics pinched from elsewhere

Good day striping, the rear is also ready to lift off.

Sorry Mario, I appear to have made more room for turbos

Front end was amazing 2 bolts have sheared on the entire front - I've striped 2007 cars that have been worse!!
Rear is a slightly different story, all of the bed to body ones were loose, so it was quicker for me to cut those ones (8) they are only a long nut and bolt.
Not a fan of the clutch head bolts most of the external ones are too tight to undo (screwdriver tool) so need cutting off, and a couple of the ones inside the doors need drilling out too. Why they used them I'll never now!, but then also most of those issues are probably because it has been round a while
But all in all, amazed in the old girls shape

Hole load of grinding bolts off!

So that it, all major strip done, Just got to separate the inner wings from the front wings, and I've some bolts to drill out on the passenger door so that can get stripped (damn you clutch head!!!!!!!!!)

The blaster likes it ...... as does everyone else that sees it
whiskymaker is offline   Reply With Quote