Thread: Corona Project!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #11
gigamanx

Re: Corona Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermitt47 View Post
Goodbye to 73 years of rust and crud. Now to start getting wheels back under this thing.

Gigamanx - plans are to modernize the powertrain so that it is fun to drive again and hopefully do some cruising. I have a Mustang II front kit so that will add PS and disc brakes. The rear will be an Explorer 8.8 with 3.73 gears, limited slip and disc brakes. How do you like driving your 49 on air? I am toying with air suspension on this thing for a good ride. Power will be from the General.
I really enjoyed the air suspension. Very smooth ride. I had a 4 link setup for the rear end. If you've stripped it down this far and have to rebuild the suspension anyway, might be worth doing air. Really depends on if you like the look of a car laid out. If you like your truck "truck height" then I'd go with coil overs like many other folks have. Lower maintenance.

My current build I am not bagging just due to cost. I had some coil overs for the rear already so it didn't make sense to try bag it. I'm just going to set the ride height real low for the coil over mounts and avoid speed bumps

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote